Pages

1 February 2013

Déjà Le Printemps by Oriza L. Legrand

Déjà Le Printemps




A promenade in Nature, awakening after a long winter sleep. Beads of morning dew glisten on clovers and wild grass, which exhale fresh and green scents. The sun rises on the horizon and beats down wet flowers and new born fig leaves. Fresh foliage scrunches under the wind, buds bloom at last and the soil smells of turf and twisted roots. Daisies in the prairie and lily of the valley blossoming on moss fill the air with the perfumes of nature’s revival. At last spring has come.

Top Notes: Mint, Orange Blossom and Daisy.

Heart Notes: Fig Leaves, Clover, Grass Cutting, Lily of the Valley and Galbanum.

Base Notes: Musk, Vetiver, Cedar and Moss.




I have to admit I pay as much attention to these descriptions of perfumes as to the notes. This got my attention immediately! Probably because I'm in a phase of my life when I really enjoy green scents, and I love Nature. All the perfumes from this house sound and smell great, but I'm so glad I decided to buy this one, as I fell in love with it after the first sniff. :)

The opening is very green and very fresh. I can smell grass, (fig) leaves, and clover. I don't get much of mint. And I get no lily of the valley at all, but I really don't mind. It's probably somewhere there with the orange blossom making sure this green scent isn't too green or sharp. But it doesn't smell flowery or sweet at all.

I can get all the base notes when I try to smell them out, but I prefer to perceive them all together, because to me they smell almost like pine nuts. The base notes become more vivid after some time.

This perfume is indeed like a walk through the countryside that's awakening after a long winter. It's very green, almost herbal, slightly woody, and actually quite subtle, yet very powerful. I adore it.


PS: It's supposed to be a fragrance for women, but I think this is very unisex.

No comments:

Post a Comment