Pages

29 December 2012

Moss & Ivy by For Strange Women

Notes: rosewood, bergamot, oakmoss, cedarwood, basil, rosemary, lavender, petitgrain, mandarin, clary sage.


I love For Strange Women for several reasons. All products seem to be created with love and passion, all the packaging is eco-friendly, and everything is alcohol, phthalate, paraben, synthetic, and cruelty free. And most importantly, so far everything I've tried was of a great quality. Moss & Ivy is probably my favourite FSW product, at least for now.

For me basil is really dominant here, and it is the one that smells a lot like (star) anise, which I love! Then I get a bit of rosemary and lavender. Later I can also smell oakmoss and sage. After 20 minutes or so the perfume becomes slightly woody, but it's still very green. I think its name is very accurate. With this I feel like I'm in a small meadow hidden in the woods, lying on the soft moss, and watching  dryads dancing nearby to the sweet music of Pan's pipes. And yes, dryads are the ones who would love and wear this perfume. :)
Overall, Moss & Ivy is a very green, earthy, sweet herbal perfume that's a bit woody. I love it!


A Hamadryad by John William Waterhouse 


The sillage is minimal, but it is an oil based perfume, so it's to be expected. For me it's a scent I wear at home when I want to feel comfortable and cosy. I like to apply it when I read a book, or before going to bed. I also love to layer Moss & Ivy with my other For Strange Women oil perfumes.
If you want to try any of the For Strange Women perfumes, I recommend to look at the Perfume Navigation.

No comments:

Post a Comment